18. Boost sales by developing a sense of excitement.
There is little or no action without a sense of urgency. Certainly sales are few and far between if there is no urgency for the customer to place the order. Dull destroys business because it pushes away customers. The goal is to create what can be called the “I wonder what they are going to do next” attitude. This is the light that draws the customers toward a business.
19. Boost sales by makeing marketing your business mission.
Marketing often becomes a business priority only when sales are down. This shotgun approach simply doesn’t work. Communicating the company’s message is an ongoing process and the task is to develop new and interesting ways to get the message across. The challenge is to create an atmosphere so that people want to do business with you–instead of someone else.
20.Boost sales by making your marketing match your business.
Review your marketing materials carefully. If you want to be known as a first-class organization, do your brochures and sell sheets convey that message? What improvements can be made? How can the company’s image be sharpened? The answers to these questions will point you in the right
21. Boost sales by personalizing your communications.
The day of letters beginning with “Dear Friend,” “Dear Customer” or “Dear Valued Customer” is gone. What could be more ridiculous than “An important message to our valued clients”? Yet, this is the way the letter began from a company president who takes pride in delivering personal service.” Don’t bother mailing a letter that isn’t personalized with an individual’s name. There is tremendous power in personalization. Use it. It makes customers and prospects feel you actually know who they are and that you’re talking directly to them.
22. Boost sales by taking advantage of testimonials.
In today’s competitive market place, a company’s credibility increases with the use of appropriate testimonials. Let your customers blow your horn for you. Why are some customers reluctant to give a testimonial? They may lack experience in expressing themselves and may feel that you will be disappointed with their comments. A better way is to interview them, then prepare comments for their approval. This assures them and provides testimonials that will work best for you.
23. Boost sales by giving your customers the opportunity to respond.
Getting your message into the marketplace is important. But getting customers to respond to it is the real test. Always offer opportunities to ask for additional information, to state a question or request a sample. Discovering what’s on the customer’s mind is all important.
24. Boost sales by surprising the prospects.
Run-of-the-mill is out; getting attention is in. But it isn’t easy, particularly amid all the clutter and competition for attention. It’s time to be innovative and dramatic. One insurance agency, for example, offered to buy small contractors “the biggest steak dinner in town” if it couldn’t save them money on their business insurance. This challenge was enough to make the telephone ring.
That concludes our 4-part 24-Ways To Boost Sales. We hope you’ll continue to visit and learn more about effective ways to build, grow and run your business. Start NOW with our “WHAT’S THE NEXT STEP?“ below
WHAT’S THE NEXT STEP?
1.You can find out more about what a business plan is and its importance with the international best-selling book CHAOS; How Business Leaders Can Master the Power of Focus. Get your FREE copy HERE
2. Use our FREE business planning program FOCUS Yourself; A 7 Module Business Plan Program. This is not a business plan template, it is a full business plan that is EASY and FAST, making your plan SUSTAINABLE and entirely PRACTICAL. Start your business plan NOW
3. Not sure why you need a small business plan? REGISTER for a FREE FOCUS Discovery Consultation where you will talk business, your business, with international best-selling author James Burgess
4. Challenge yourself to FOCUS Your Business In Just 30-Days and learn how to build a business that will THRIVE not just survive with our FREE webinar HERE.