In my previous time management education post I shared that 60% of business owners and department heads still say time management is their #1 business issue. 60%!
I also shared 3 secrets to take effective action against weak to poor time management skills; define where you want to go, why you want to be there and what you will do when you get there. weekly define the “first thing” and put it first and stop trying and start doing because SUCCESS is UNCOMFORTABLE! (if you missed it go HERE and come back).
Ultimately, you need Secret #4. Effective time management is predicated upon “playing” in the right business sandboxes, sandboxes above the horizontal line.
What’s that Jack?
Imagine a matrix with Important on the vertical axis and Urgent on the horizontal axis. Divide the matrix into 4 equal quadrants….”sandboxes”.
If you are typical and I don’t mean to suggest you are typical but if you are typical then as a business owner or department head you spend the majority of your management time playing below the horizontal line in the:
1. Un-Important/Not Urgent Sandbox = Time Wasters
2. Un-Important/Urgent Sandbox = Firefighting
Leading business owners and department heads know a portion of every week needs to be dedicated to playing ABOVE THE HORIZONTAL LINE in the:
1. Important/Not Urgent Sandbox = Strategizing
2. Important/Urgent Sandbox = Action Plans/Project Work
Want 39 Practical Time Management Tips? Grab a copy of my book CHAOS and read pages 79 – 81.
Want to permanently do away with Procrastination and all other Time Management issues? Then play in the right sandboxes with focus and accountability and check out this resource clicking HERE.
To end the time wasters, the firefighting and the chaos…every...single…week, week after week, month after month even year after year for heaven’s sake you need to check out this resource. Click HERE right NOW!
You owe it to yourself to reconnect to the dream you once had of your business ownership or portfolio management experience. This resource will enable you.
WHAT’S THE NEXT STEP?
1.You can find out more about what a business plan is and its importance with the international best-selling book CHAOS; How Business Leaders Can Master the Power of Focus. Get your FREE copy HERE
2. Use our FREE business planning program FOCUS Yourself; A 7 Module Business Plan Program. This is not a business plan template, it is a full business plan that is EASY and FAST, making your plan SUSTAINABLE and entirely PRACTICAL. Start your business plan NOW
3. Not sure why you need a small business plan? REGISTER for a FREE FOCUS Discovery Consultation where you will talk business, your business, with international best-selling author James Burgess
4. Challenge yourself to FOCUS Your Business In Just 30-Days and learn how to build a business that will THRIVE not just survive with our FREE webinar HERE.